Senior Engineer, Software Development Engineering (4IR-driven HDD Revolution)
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
- Business Function: Test Engineering
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Are you eager to play a pivotal role in shaping the Next Gen Smart & Sustainable Factory powering the manufacturing of data storage products? Join our team as a Next-Gen Hard-Disk Drive (HDD) Automation Engineer and be a trailblazer in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) within the HDD Industry where you can make a difference. This is your chance to lead the programming of Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs) in a way that revolutionizes HDD manufacturing and captivates the imagination of the Gen-Z workforce.
Your Role in the 4IR-driven HDD Revolution:
- Innovate the HDD Landscape: Dive into the complete software lifecycle, spanning design, coding, validation, and debugging. Your programming expertise will pave the way for ground-breaking AMR applications, driving efficiency, precision, cost improvement and quality in HDD manufacturing.
- Engineer Tomorrow’s HDD Solutions: Be at the forefront of 4IR projects that demand your engineering support for the development of advanced testers and automation tools. As a Next-Gen HDD Automation Engineer, you might find yourself traveling globally to implement these transformative solutions.
- Defining Failure for Success: Analyse and decode tester & AMR related failures, offering innovative solutions that accelerate progress. Your analytical mindset will fuel the evolution of HDD manufacturing processes.
- Multidimensional Contributions: Embrace the dynamic nature of the 4IR by engaging in diverse tasks and assignments, contributing to the ongoing revolution of HDD technology.
- Autonomy and Excellence: Operate independently while embodying the principles of the 4IR. Your contributions will set new benchmarks for HDD manufacturing and automation.
- Leadership for 4IR Change: Step into potential leadership roles and harmonize efforts across cross-functional teams, steering the course of the HDD industry's 4IR transformation.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or an IT related field.
- BS with 2+ yrs experience
- MS with 0+ yrs experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of recent experience working in System Analyst, Programming, or related fields.
- Knowledge and analytical skill in C/C++ programming language is a must.
- Experience with MiR AMRs (Autonomous Mobile Robot) is a plus.
- Good in English communication and writing.
- Advanced skills in Java, Visual C++ .Net, C#, Python, XML and JSON
- Manufacturing/production experiences with machine learning, robotics, or other cutting-edge technologies.
- Passion for the 4IR and a desire to make a difference in the world.
- With some mechanical/electronic & electrical background
- Linux & web development (Backend/Front-end) experience will be an advantage.
- Effectively present information, ideas, and perspective to peers, team members, and managers and respond to questions.
- Ability to think creatively and come up with innovative solutions.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Read, analyze, and interpret documents such as technical reports, instructions, and procedures
- Write technical reports and documentation with clear, concise information in English
- Work, collaborate, and communicate effectively in team environment to achieve common goals and results, contributing to effectiveness of the team
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external co-workers.
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively multi-task and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to make clear, logical decisions based on facts, taking into consideration the big picture, long and short-term effects, and exercising sound judgment when handling complaints, confidential and sensitive issues
- Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent positive results through influencing, coordinating, and managing the efforts of others
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.