Senior Accountant, Fixed Assets - Accounting
- Business Function: Accounting
- Work Location: Biñan HICAP Office--LOC_HGST_PHL01
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
As Senior Accountant, Fixed Assets - Accounting, you're in-charge of the Fixed Asset (FA) management including CIP monitoring, FA capitalizations, retirements, and transfers.
- Post FA accruals and perform Monthly Subledger Close
- Prepares Roll forward reports and Accounts Reconciliation monthly and quarterly
- FA in charge for SOX and KPMG Audit requirements.
- Coordinates actual physical disposal of fixed assets
- Performs annual FA physical count and reporting
- Prepares inter and intra-company asset transfers and documentations
- Accounting resource for the monthly Capital Request review
- Proactively and consistently look for ways on how to standardize, streamline and improve processes.
- Prepare and provide ad hoc reports and requests coming from external and internal customers.
- Candidate must hold bachelor's degree in Accountancy or any degree related to Accounting.
- With minimum of 3 years work experience in Fixed - Asset Accounting.
- Preferably with exposure in BPO or Shared Service work set-up.
- Preferably Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Strong familiarity with productivity tools such as Microsoft Office Suites.
- Capability to manage workload distribution across different geographies and different time zones.
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively multi-task and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Strong active listening skills with the ability to ask thoughtful and probing questions to determine client needs.
- Ability to make clear, logical decisions based on facts, taking into consideration the big picture, long and short term effects, and exercising sound judgment when handling complaints, confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of constituency including corporate tax team, auditors, business leads, corporate executives, site finance.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent positive results through influencing, coordinating and managing the efforts of others.
- Knowledgeable in SAP and Oracle.
- Able to work in Technopark Binan City, Laguna.
- Potential hire will work closely with Global Finance Operations Shared Service Center.
- Potential hire will experience to have hybrid work arrangement
- Potential hire's work schedule is from Monday to Friday.
- Potential hire will work on a dayshift schedule.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.