Senior Engineer, NPI Engineering
- Business Function: Engineering
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
- Location (Secondary): Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate with the factory team to prepare, and support development builds and “Customer Qualification Sample” build until VPR (Volume Production Release Review)
- Support factory cross-functional teams to resolve program issues. This will ensure program objectives and deliverables are achieved
- Facilitate Manufacturing Readiness Review from MRR3
- Perform New Product Launch activities, Product and Program management throughout the product life cycle, and Engineering Change Control
- Coordinate Engineering Change implementation to MFG site by coordinating with Development and MFG related persons to establish Engineering Change effectiveness in MFG site to meet the business requirement
- Inventory management control
- Perform related work as assigned
- Supervise technicians in responsibility to accomplish job in most effective way
- Support and work with other functional teams to clear any roadblocks that might affect the release timeline.
- Support the implementation of engineering changes (EC’s) once the qualification is complete with conditions/restriction control as necessary.
- Execute EC qualification drives disposition.
- Support sustaining qualification based on business requirements.
- Track Lessons learned on wrong operational for process improvement.
- Involve cross-functional team to manage Engineering Change at Post-LPR for all Sustaining products related to HDD BOM setup & Shipment Process setup (FW, Label, and Drive ASM drawing) for successful market launch per committed schedule, in order to achieve KPI targets for volume ramp, yield, quality, scrap and cost.
- Coordinate all factory efforts to prepare and supporting Engineering Change implementation at Post-LPR thru End of Life for all Sustaining products. This involves reviewing all change requests, customer requirements, product configuration control, interfacing with other sites to change required support and working out a systematic factory implementation plan.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Industrial Engineering, Production Engineering or a related field
- At least 0-4 years in the engineering field
- Computer and Microsoft basics
- Fluent in English communication
- New Product Manufacturing Readiness Review Guideline
- HDD Process & Technology
- HDD Quality Management
- HDD Supply Chain
- Fluent in English communication.
- Problem solving skill
- Planning and Organizing skill
- Risk and Opportunity Management
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.