Director, Development Engineering
- Business Function: Development Engineering
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 8--LOC_WDT_TH1418
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for overall backend integration plan, leading team to work with cross function groups worldwide to validate, qualify and implement new backend technologies into products.
- Collaborate closely and communicate effectively with process development, program and RSS team to provide backend solution to tackle technical challenges in new generation products, delivering performance, quality and yield, enabling time to market.
- Lead engineers to design experiments, execute build logistics, conduct assessments and perform failure analysis for new backend technologies
- Engage with engineering team to help prioritizing and optimizing resources and schedule to support program objectives
- Work closely with factory sites to ensure resources and KPI are aligned for scaling up new backend process into volume production
- Bachelor’s Degree within the engineering field.
- Master’s Degree in business administration preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in management.
- 10+ years of experience in Head process and development engineering industry.
- Expert understanding of Process Development methods in a high throughput manufacturing environment
- Significant large-scale project/process experience and manufacturing operations experience.
- Demonstrated success in development and scaling operational processes
- Strong experimental design and statistics.
- Skilled communicator, with superior interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Excellent organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills needed
- Excellent eye for talent.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.