Senior Engineer, Development Manufacturing Engineering
- Business Function: Manufacturing Engineering
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and qualify Assembly processes that meet KPI/PCRT requirements.
- Collaborate with Design Engineering on assembly DFMEA/ PFMEA and specification requirements.
- Develop process documents (PMP, Process Control, Process instruction and OCAP).
- Develop and characterize HDA/HSA process for all new products and improve all mechanical parameters and KPI.
- Develop process parametric data to detect signal and develop system to monitor process and tools performance.
- Monitor, track and analyze process parametric data to determine process and tools capability
- Qualify process, tooling/equipment & materials and recommend design concepts to best utilize equipment and improve the process.
- Perform failure analysis and provide corrective actions and discuss with cross functional teams to resolve process tooling/equipment issues that affects the KPI performance.
- Participate in design reviews, including tolerance study, with designer and collaborate for required HDA features, keep-out zones and specification to enable for robust and capable process.
- Establish assembly process strategy prior product starts to have process control and eliminate known issue
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of recent experience working as Process Engineer, Process Development Engineer or related field.
- Experienced in HDD assembly process and statistical analysis
- Good English skill
- Besic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and statistical knowledge.
- Knowledgeable in technical engineering software such as Solid works, statistical tools (JMP, Minitab) and etc.
- Communication and negotiation skill with cross-functional team.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.