Scientist 1, Data Science
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
- Business Function: Data Science
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design AR assets, coding, enhancing the User Interface & User Experience for end user, along with providing support and ongoing maintenance.
- To create custom AR (Augmented Reality) experiences for enterprise use cases & setup virtual environments for a wide range of AR scenarios.
- Researching and developing scalable computer vision and machine learning solutions for complex problems.
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams to integrate image analytics algorithms and software, as well as develop system prototypes.
- Develop and deploy supply chain optimization systems into manufacturing environment using OR (Operation Research) and discrete event simulation.
- Leverage data mining techniques in mathematics, statistics, information technology, machine learning, deep learning, data engineering, visualization etc to discover insightful patterns.
- Analyze large-scale structured and unstructured data; develop deep-dive analysis and machine learning / AI models into application or integrate with any pre-existing systems; demonstrate successful use cases and wins to drive business value.
- Constantly learn new front tier technology and creatively apply/deliver solutions to manufacturing operations to meet KPIs.
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, data science, computer engineering, information technology, or relevant work experience and education background.
- We will also consider applicants with the equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, or work experience.
- Preferably a minimum of 1-2 years of working experience in related field.
- Fresh graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Python, Tensorflow framework, Augmented Reality, Computer Vision.
- Optional: Chatbot (added advantage) with NLP, NLU.
- Familiar with some of the following Statistical Analysis & Modelling Tools: JMP, Minitab, SPSS, Enterprise Miner, Enterprise Guide, SAS coding.
- Practical experience in application of ML and Deep Learning algorithms.
- SQL, Relational databases, Big Data platforms, AWS Redshift etc.
- Ability to learn quickly and become productive on new technologies, APIs, development languages and framework
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.