Specialist 4, Human Resources
- Business Function: Human Resources
- Work Location: Bayan Lepas PN1--LOC_WDT_MY0703
- Location (Secondary): Penang SDSM Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
Specialist 4, Human Resources (Audits & Conformance)
Ensure that HR policies are fully compliant with the applicable audit framework – ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, ISO22301, RBA, any other external / customer audits and company policies. Identify strengths and weaknesses to improve the competitive advantage for HR. Reports directly to the Head of HR. In addition, the incumbent has the primary responsibility for employee and labour relations.
- Ensure that HR policies are fully compliant with the applicable audit framework – ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, ISO22301, RBA, any customer audits and company policies. Identify strengths and weaknesses to improve the competitive advantage for HR. Reports directly to the Head of HR.
- Formulates and recommends program goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations.
- Maintains satisfactory labour-management relations through a variety of techniques such as quarterly meetings (Labour Management Council with the Union)
- Participates in collective bargaining negotiations and ensures compliance with collective bargaining agreements.
- Investigates problems such as working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant appeals and grievances. Provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental officials and individuals.
- Prepares and presents required and special reports related to employee and labor relations.
- Develops and presents the operating budget for the human resources department and, upon final budget approval, ensures that all functions operate within appropriated amounts.
- Effectively recommends disciplinary and commendatory actions of all assigned personnel.
- Work collaboratively with Legal and Global ER team on ER/IR matters.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field.
- Eight years’ experience in a human resources management role and three years’ labor relations experience in a union environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Thorough knowledge of labor relations practices and legal requirements.
- Knowledge of HR related federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: Western Digital has received reports of scams where a payment is requested on Western Digital’s behalf as a condition for receiving an offer of employment. Please be aware that Western Digital and its subsidiaries will never request payment as a condition for applying for a position or receiving an offer of employment. Should you encounter any such requests, please report it immediately to [email protected].