Manager 4, Commodity
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
- Business Function: Commodity
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 2--LOC_WDT_TH1412
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To establish and execute commodity strategy based on required technology, know-how, suppliers’ capability for quality, manufacturing and business commitment with financial stability.
- To align commodity strategy among stakeholders like SQE, Core Team, Development etc to plan and execute commodity strategy.
- To source, maintain good and healthy relationship with suppliers.
- To be the partner of SQE in driving under-performed suppliers up to the expectation.
- To monitor suppliers’ performance via regular review scoring and meetings together with stakeholders and suppliers.
- To promote cost reduction through cost analysis (Should cost) and/or negotiation to get the competitive cost and meet company requirement.
- To secure suppliers manufacturing capacity to meet WDC demand and upside flexibility.
- To work with engineering and SQE to develop new sources and new products to meet requirements.
- To ensure dual suppliers for every items to mitigate single source risk.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Minimum 7 years of procurement experience with sourcing and part qualification exposure.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understanding on business concepts, PDCA cycle and processes
- Be able to work under pressure, take a coordinator role in project, planning and implementation, effectively work independently as well as a team
- Self-starter with the ability to work with a great degree of autonomy
- Understanding the importance of business confidentiality and functional integrity.
- Previous experience as a buyer/section head/manager related to packaging materials sourcing, new source qualification and negotiation.
- Certificate in Procurement Professional. Eg. CiPP will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Oracle.
- Demonstrate a good level of English proficiency (written / verbal).
- Logical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and relational skills, with the ability to quickly develop relationships of trust and confidence with a variety of people and personalities, at all levels within an organization.
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively multi-task and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Strong active listening skills with the ability to ask thoughtful and probing questions to determine stakeholders’ needs.
- Ability to make clear, logical decisions based on facts, taking into consideration the big picture, long and short term effects, and exercising sound judgment when handling complaints, confidential and sensitive issues.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent positive results through influencing, coordinating and managing the efforts of others.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.