Technician 2, Engineering
- Job Type (exemption status): Non-Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
- Business Function: Engineering Support
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 1--LOC_WDT_TH1411
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting the engineering evaluation and new product qualification
- Supporting new product physical performance monitoring which include sample preparation, sample submission through web application, data summarization and uploading to standard monitoring application including verifying all data/images and able to feedback MSL team if any problem found
- Collaborating with other teams e.g. MSL, SCI, Integration, etc
- Conducting corrosion and oxidation testing for new material characterization per assignment and under supervision
- Supporting schedule/un-schedule for the development equipment including setup and buy off the development equipment and process to ready for engineering evaluation or new product build qualification
- Attending and certified the required training regarding equipment/process responsibility
- Attending and certified the specific training for who is working on the special area and the special equipment such as working on the confined space area, work on XRF equipment, etc. per Thai legal requirement
- High Vocational Certificate, Diploma Certificate in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or equivalent major.
- A minimum of 0-2 years in HDDs Manufacturing Operation or other electronics manufacturing
- Experience in cleanroom-related processing is preferred
- Experiences in Diamond-like carbon Coating and metrology technology are preferred
- Computer literacy
- Use Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.