Data Scientist - New College Graduate
- Business Function: Data Science
- Work Location: Biñan HICAP Office--LOC_HGST_PHL01
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
• Collect and extract large sets of structured and unstructured data from various sources such as databases, APIs, and web scraping.
• Clean and preprocess data to remove any inconsistencies, missing values, or errors to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the data.
• Use statistical, machine learning or deep learning techniques to analyze and model data to identify trends, patterns, and relationships to provide actionable insights.
• Use data visualization tools to create charts, graphs, and dashboards to communicate insights to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
• Develop predictive models using machine learning algorithms to forecast trends and future outcomes.
• Deploy models and systems developed, monitor and maintain them to ensure they are working effectively
• Document their processes and methodologies to ensure that their work is reproducible and can be audited.
• Work with cross-functional teams such as product managers, software engineers, and business analysts to identify business problems and develop solutions.
• Explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering
• Knowledge of the AI/ML lifecycle management and tools including EDA, Modelling, Integration/Deployment, Data/Model drift detection, Model retraining, etc.
• Familiarity with core techniques in statistical and machine learning e.g. regularized regression, time series analysis, decision trees, boosting algorithms, neural networks, clustering, and collaborative filtering.
• Experience working with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data sources
• Knowledge in web crawling, natural language processing, and visualization
• Familiar with collaborative solutions, model & code versioning (Github), solution packaging (Docker), model deployment (Dataiku)
• Proficient in programming languages such as Python, R, and SQL (for data manipulation, cleaning, and analysis), Tableau, PowerBI or Spotfire, NumPy, Pandas, and Matplotlib for visualization.
• Ability to define problems, generate hypotheses, develop and test solutions, and effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders is essential for data scientists,
• Attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate effectively with others to achieve project goals.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.