Senior Manager, Real Estate Operation Strategic Sourcing
- Business Function: Commodity
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 1--LOC_WDT_TH1411
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
The Sr. Manager of Procurement Real Estate Operation is a dynamic and results-driven leader who will direct, develop, and implement the necessary functional and process competencies to plan, source, purchase, and deliver world-class products. Key activities for this position include developing category strategies, risk mitigation, market analysis, RFx development, negotiation planning, competitive price, and cost analysis, financial analysis, contract development, and supplier management. We are looking for a passionate, driven, visionary leader with a track-record of performance.
The REO Procurement Senior Manager will work with the various Facility Operations teams, Eng. Teams, and Construction teams that support R&D and Manufacturing along with developing new sourcing strategies. The REO Procurement organization is responsible for assessing, sourcing, and managing WD Real Estate Operation suppliers, supporting WD’s technology and operational track globally.
The incumbent requires to develop and maintain strong collaborative and cooperative working relationships with team members across different functions and at different levels within the organization. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to lead a high-performance team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages a group of Commodity Managers located in various Asia Regions.
- Manages complex sourcing initiatives, leads cross-functional teams and ensures teams understand supply market dynamics and develop innovative supply solutions.
- Manage WD’s growing supply base through strong Commodity Strategies and drive continuous supplier improvement through development of scorecard and KPI expectations.
- Influencing the supplier (or suppliers) in investments that meet WD future requirements.
- Accountable for all aspects of supplier relationship management including all technical, commercial, delivery and quality.
- Develops and supports the overall vision, strategy and execution plan for the global CAPEX and OPEX Sourcing function. Achieving deeper alignment with stakeholders to pursue business strategies in innovation, agility and supply reliability.
- Capable of Negotiating and execute master supply contracts and other critical agreements.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage our partners’ capability to grow business.
- Lead and manage the category strategy definition and planning across a portfolio of categories grounded in rigorous data analysis.
- Lead rapid risk mitigation of raw material and equipment supply base and develop appropriate strategies to ensure successful launch of CAPEX and OPEX Projects.
- Supply Risk Management, understanding supply base risks and taking preventative actions in the supplier network and contract designs.
- Establish and manage strategic supplier relationships at the executive level.
- Work in partnership with the various engineering teams to develop an approved and qualified global supply base, develop strategic partnerships that address our needs and, on an ongoing basis, continuously improve supplier performance and continuity of supply.
- Prioritize sourcing efforts, develop baseline spend and manages sequential sourcing waves.
- Responsible for conducting spend analysis, analyzing supply markets, identifying sourcing value levers, supplier segmentation and executing competitive RFx and leading supplier negotiations.
- Builds strong relationships with Executive Team and key stakeholders across the business to agree on business goals and key requirements and remove obstacles for sourcing teams.
- Ensures integrity of savings tracking and reporting efforts and works with Finance team to ensure negotiated savings are realized.
- Establishes leading supplier management practices, building policies and procedures for reviewing supplier performance and ensuring new value is created year over year.
- Promote a culture of inclusiveness, teamwork and collaboration that allows the company culture to thrive and prosper throughout the organization.
- Continuously work toward building a high-performance Sourcing team.
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts is required in relevant areas such as Facility, Construction, Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, or similar discipline
- MBA and other relevant degrees/certifications (e.g., CPM, CPSM) are highly desirable
- 10 years of experience in Procurement, Sourcing Strategies, or related experience.
- Excellent English communication skills (Writing/Speaking)
- An empathetic thought leader who can help shape our supplier/partner organization for our ambitious growth plans in the years to come.
- Organized, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong listening, analytic and organizational skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to drive conflict resolution.
- Results Driven.
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.