Director, Facility Management Operation
- Business Function: Real Estate
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, coordinates, guides and maintains (REO strategic and operational plans in support of company vision, mission, values, and site objectives & targets.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinate managers. Reviews objectives to determine the success of the operation. Involves in developing, modifying, and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect
- Plans organize and direct all activities related to REO staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Develops and maintains the annual operating and capital budgets for site operations inconsistent with the company financial plan and guidelines.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable statutory, regulatory, and administrative requirements relative to departmental operations and ensures departmental compliance.
- Assist with managing: space and needs forecasting, planning, design, construction, and renovation of facilities; buildings and building systems operations, maintenance and site services; and capital improvements program.
- Ensure obligation compliance and Western Digital standards implementation.
- Support customers/external/ 3rd parties/ RBA-VAP audit on EHS/Facility management system and ensure customer requirement compliance
- Assist with coordinating and preparation of operating and capital improvement budgets, and monitor expenditures to maintain costs within budget.
- Provide supervision, guidance, and support to facilities management and maintenance staff and implementation of preventive maintenance and operation programs for facilities, buildings, and building systems.
- Plan and implement building energy and other performance efficiency improvements and green building technologies and practices.
- Develops and maintains an appropriate organizational structure capable of supporting and providing a safe, efficient, and effective workplace.
- Ensures appropriate training and development programs for REO organization are in place to attract, retain and develop the key personnel required to support real estate operations services.
- Ensures the efficiency of operation of REO function in the management of company facilities and support services, while maintaining a workplace that contributes to employees' productivity, and well-being and is secure and environmentally safety.
- Perform other duties, tasks, and special projects, as required
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in the Engineering field and MBA is a plus
- At least 5 years of progressive experience at the management level.
- At least 10 years of related work experience.
- Knowledgeable of Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) & other regulations.
- Environmental resources management system.
- Business Continuity plan, testing, and exercise
- Written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs
- Strong level of English communication (verbal/written)
- Skilled in MS Office (Excel/PowerPoint), Product Costing skill, ERP System
- Business Strategy Planning / Analytical Thinking / Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Teamwork skills and the ability to lead and motivate others
- Strong negotiation, Leadership, and communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and takes initiative in project management
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Facility Management
- Project Management
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.