Engineer, Firmware Engineering
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
- Business Function: Firmware Engineering
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 3--LOC_WDT_TH1413
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, test, integrate and maintain quality firmware for eHDD using best practices like unit test, CI (continuous improvement) and Agile methodologies.
- Design and implementation of data structures, software algorithms, data path, and drivers for hardware cores using latest standards C++ and Python.
- Participate in Scrum & Agile processes to bring up new hardware and develop embedded firmware for data storage products.
- Deliver cutting-edge storage products with SAS, SATA, PCIE interfaces.
- Collaborate and design solutions for the challenging yet unique problems across hardware and software platforms, including servers, RAID, and various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Participate in planning and coordinating significant technical investigations from problem statement to conclusion.
- Creates design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Computer/Electronics Engineering or equivalent required.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- 0-5 years of experience in relevant field or embedded firmware experience.
- Experience as a Scrum Master or understanding of Agile practices would be an added advantage
- Familiarity with micro-controller architecture (ARM or ARC), embedded systems and RTOS desired.
- Knowledge in SAS, SATA and PCIE interface.
- Experience in the use of bus analyzers, emulators and other firmware debugging tools is a plus.
- Comfortable and enjoy working in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment.
- Be fun and enthusiastic teammate who enjoys challenges and celebrates successes.
- Good command of English communication
- Possess data analytics skillset such as machine learning.
- Knowledge of C/C++, object-oriented programming, Python, data structures, and algorithms.
- Capable of quickly learning new firmware, hardware, systems, tools, and methodologies.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and tasks to deliver deadlines and commitments.
- High degree of problem-solving skills, solutions-oriented with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.