Senior Engineer, Operational Excellence
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Operations Training
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
- Coach the lean six sigma to use the appropriated tools and techniques with DMAIC/DMADV methodology.
- Organize and facilitate workshop to identify the opportunity and projects, coach the team in the projects to meet the goal.
- Organize and facilitate Small Group Activity, Team Excellence and other project competition.
- Promote continuous improvement culture in the organization.
- The subject matter expert in lean six sigma training development and consultant to other department on tool application.
- Monitor, coach and certify the lean six sigma candidate to meet the department goal.
- Work with other department on continuous improvement project with providing the technical support and facilitating.
- Reporting out statistics on lean six sigma related KPIs to drive for continuous improvement culture
- Minimum 5 years in lean six sigma coaching and/or project leader.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent certification or experience with proven success story.
- Strong background in electronics/semiconductor operation.
- Minimum degree holder in any field.
- Added advantages if ever facilitated the VSM or any kind of lean six sigma workshop.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.