Senior Manager, Data Center Management
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Data Center Management
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
As the manager of IT Systems Operations, you will be leading a team of IT professionals with various skill sets to provide truly innovative technical support to Western Digital's Operations teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scope and implement the IT infrastructure for current and future organizational needs.
- Implementation of IT initiatives as well as management of core day to day services.
- Hire, train, and develop a team of IT professionals.
- Manage IT vendors and consultants.
- Regularly and effectively communicate with key business and project stakeholders to understand requirements, keep them advised of project progress and overall IT services status.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of industry trends to ensure the company is leveraging the best and most efficient resources to meet evolving IT needs.
- Establish and maintain IT policies and procedures.
- Maintain IT contingency plans.
- Oversee lifecycle of hardware and software.
- Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations
- 5-7 years of IT experience in manufacturing and/or engineering environments.
- Leadership experience in a 24x7 operation supporting physical IT infrastructure (compute, network, storage).
- Experience in VMware.
- Experience delivering complex, global programs and projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary setting.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presentation
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.