Support 3, Production Control
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Production Control
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
- Job Type (exemption status): Non-Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports to Production Planning Supervisor
- Plan, schedule, monitor and follow up closely on production performance and expedite the work order to ensure shipments to customer are meet
- Regular interface with Production Manager/Supervisor/Leaders, Manufacturing Engineers and other required personnel to achieve the output goal and shipment requirement
- Communicate and coordinate especially with Production team regularly to ensure smooth flow of production
- Prepares required reports in timely manner
- Any other tasks related to planning that assigned by superior from time to time
- Participates in Improvement Projects related to Planning/Manufacturing or Automation
- SPM / Diploma holder preferable in Supply Chain / Logistic / Planning
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with the ability to effectively multi-task and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Willing to learn and work well and with good interaction with others
- ERP knowledge. SAP & Oracle experience is preferable
- Knowledge of MS office applications especially on MS Excel
- Good command in English
- Good communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Minimum 3 years working experience in Production line
- Willing to work in SHIFT & will be based in Production Office
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.