Principal Engineer- Quality Assurance
- Bengaluru, India
- Business Function: Quality Assurance Engineering
- Work Location: Bangalore PTP Office (IBP)--LOC_WDT_IBP
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
In this position you will be responsible for product quality. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Planning, implementing and managing compliance of quality standards.
- Ensure the quality plan of the program and be the focal point to all the quality issues.
- Performs reviews with all the program members, make analysis of qualification reports in order to update or changes quality standards when necessary.
- Understand the technical details of all issues and proposed changes to the products
- Provide regular updates to the quality management team on all the program activities.
- Academic background- EE preferred or other engineering background.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the fields of Memory/ FW/ SW/ System
- Project management skills and wide system/product view
- Self-learning ability
- Good communication skills and team work
- Well organized with the ability to handle multiple issues
- High motivation for quality - must
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.