Senior Engineer, Data Scientist
- BangPa-in, PHRA NAKHON SI AYUTTHAYA, Thailand
- Business Function: Product Design Engineering
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 3--LOC_WDT_TH1413
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data engineer, responsible for expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture and work seamlessly with our data analysts and data scientists to ensure optimal and consistent data delivery architecture & automation throughout ongoing big data analytics projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture and tools for internal process improvements which include automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies including analytics tools that utilize the data to provide actionable insights.
- Work with data analysts and data scientists to strive for greater functionality of our big data platform on our smart-factory & 4IR initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or equivalent fields.
- 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role or related role.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases, esp. MySQL, PostgreSQL and MSSQL.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets. Hadoop, Amazon Redshift, MPP Presto, Hive, ActiveScale and S3 experience will be highly beneficial. Otherwise, passion to learn these new technologies is essential.
- Experience authoring, scheduling and monitoring the data workflows, esp. with Apache Airflow.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement. Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools, Machine Learning concept and Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- Experience object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as Python and/or C++.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Able to work and communicate well with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.