Engineer, Industrial Engineering
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Industrial Engineering
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
- Location (Secondary): Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
- Time study and time standards: Perform time study analysis and continuous improvement based on Lean concept.
- Productivity improvement project : Lead in cost saving projects such as Productivity improvement, cycle time improvement, MMR improvement , etc. in order to meet company goals
- Capacity planning in order to meet the volume demand and maximize the plant utilization.
- Define production layout to ensure high efficiency and ergonomic for operation.
- Support IE in tool relocation & re-layout activities.
- Resources planning for DL & IDL base on production volume targets.
- Carried out material flow & process flow analysis. Study and explore opportunity to improve current process flow, material flow, line balancing, etc….
- Support IE in validating offline process activity such as conversion time, kitting time, tooling preparation time, etc. and opportunity to improve the offline activities cycle time.
- Collaborate with production, QA, process to achieve Operations KPI’s
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. E.g. Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or others related Engineering disciplinary.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with AutoCAD and Office/VBA
- Knowledge in LEAN & Six Sigma is added advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and relational skills, with the ability to quickly develop relationships of trust and confidence with a variety of people and personalities, at all levels within an organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively multi-task and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong active listening skills with the ability to ask thoughtful and probing questions to determine client needs
- Ability to make clear, logical decisions based on facts, taking into consideration the big picture, long and short term effects, and exercising sound judgment when handling complaints, confidential and sensitive issues
- Strong sense of responsibility. Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent positive results through influencing, coordinating and managing the efforts of others