Senior Engineer, Contamination and ESD Control Engineering
- BangPa-in, PHRA NAKHON SI AYUTTHAYA, Thailand
- Business Function: Contamination & ESD Control Engineering
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 4--LOC_WDT_TH1414
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and Coach a team of Cleanliness and Electrostatic Control to ensure comprehensive coverage of contamination failure analysis, identifying the root cause, containment actions, solutions and preventive measures.
- In depth proficiency technical activities that related to manufacturing with engineering approaches for the implementation solutions to closure and ensure the sustainable good results.
- Supervises subordinates in responsibility to accomplish job in most effective way.
- Enhance and expand the contamination failure analysis capability of the Team.
- Develops subordinate's performance in continuously upgrading the contamination failure analysis skills with proper training and supervision.
- Build up effective team work for both internal and external organization.
- Evaluates and reviews subordinates and group performance including performance appraisal for salary increase.
- Participate in product and technology transfers between sites.
- Coordinates and Provides solution support Production, Process, and Tooling that related of failure analysis activities to ensure product conformance to yield, quality, cost and reliability requirements.
- Establishes performance report under appropriately.
- Derive and develop corrective action for future improvement on contamination failure based on lesson learnt.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science Engineering or related field
- At least 2-5 years working experience preferably in engineering-related fields or consumer electronics industries
- Fluent English communication (Speaking/Writing)
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.