Technician 3, Engineering
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Engineering Support
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
- Leading New Product Development lot/Work-Order execution at SMT, Mechanical Assembly and Backend of SSD Assembly.
- Ensure all execution activities follow SOP, WI, and VAR to meet yield & thru-put expectation.
- Collect and summarize Engineering data (Yield, Process Capability, Metrology Data, Error logs), observe any learnings and communicate to respective Engineers for improvement purpose
- Prepare and setup required collateral, Jig/fixtures to ensure readiness.
- Assist Engineer to follow with Operation and Quality team on Work Order closure
- Assist Engineer for new material/component first articles inspection and final buyoff.
- Assist Engineer to operate and troubleshoot process & equipment either on SSD Frontend or on Backend Assembly in order to the execution flawless
· Diploma in Engineering – Electrical / Mechanical / Mechatronic.
· Good attitude and attendance
· Good skill to troubleshoot and improvement issue in production problem.
· Willing to work long hours when required.
· Fluent in written and speak Bahasa Malaysia and English.
· 2+ years of process engineering experience in manufacturing industry.
· Knowledge in Solid State Drive SMT process, Mechanical Assembly, Label Placement, Packing, Material Transfer process, equipment and system would be an advantage.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.