NPI Procurement - Commodity Manager
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Commodity
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
- Location (Secondary): Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
- Liaise with NPI Procurement, Design Engineers, Commodity Managers and other relevant stakeholders to ensure and drive a robust sourcing strategy at NPI phase for all WDC flash product, while ensuring continuity of supply and best in class components in BOMs.
- Provide technology expertise to commodity manager to develop supply base strategy.
- Drives supply base strategy by BOM screen at product design stage, propose 2nd sources or replacements, drive the technical qualification process.
- Provide expert technical support to the supplier/technology selection process.
- Make sure qualified suppliers or components are meeting WDC technical requirements, quality requirements, green policy requirements.
- Review suppliers’ technology roadmaps, ensure suppliers are meeting WDC technical requirements.
- Bachelor degree or above in Engineering or Science with equivalent experience
- Min 7 years of professional experience, expert on electronic components, IC and project management.
- Relative experience as technical commodity management, product development, quality management or field application engineering is a must, hard ware design experience is a plus.
- Communicate well in English both in verbal and written form
- Strong project management, organizational, and analytical skills required
- Excellent team facilitation and presentation skills required
- Ability to present to all level of management / stakeholders and articulate strategies and performance metrics
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.