Senior Engineer, Product Design Engineering
- BangPa-in, PHRA NAKHON SI AYUTTHAYA, Thailand
- Business Function: Product Design Engineering
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 3--LOC_WDT_TH1413
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead in machine leaning project, coding, implementation and maintenance system.
- Collaborate with engineering functional groups to drive HDD yield/utilization improvement activities.
- Prepare HDD rework yield reports by collecting data, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Responsible to analyze and investigate excursion from production lines, identify root-cause or issue owner and follow-up measures to eliminate issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- At least 3-7 years in electronics industrial or related field.
- Prior experience as a Python Developer or Experience in Python is a must.
- Good knowledge of Python frameworks/libraries such as Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn.
- Good knowledge of relational database SQL such as PostgreSQL (NO SQL is a plus).
- Knowledge in HDD manufacturing and test process, will be advantage.
- Strong problem analysis, systematic thinking, problem solving and decision-making.
- Skilled in SQL scripts and data analytics/visualization tools such as Spotfire, Tableau, JMP scripting.
- Having knowledge in Machine Learning and AI, will be advantage.
- Experience in AWS Cloud / GCP Technology, will be advantage.
- Knowledge in Web API development.
- Good in English communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills.
- Computer literacy, proficiency in Microsoft Office tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated with the ability to effectively multi-task environment.
- Work to succeed, attention to details, proactive, strong ownership and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal and relational skills to develop a good relationship within the organization and convey and deliver the key message in a clear, and confident manner.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.