Staff Engineer, Manufacturing Equipment Engineering
- Amphoe Si Maha Phot, PRACHIN BURI, Thailand
- Business Function: Manufacturing Equipment Engineering
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs technical support activities related to operation with engineering approaches to achieve the organization's goal and to effectively respond teach work request in term of productivity, quality and cost.
- Develops MFG tool and equipment to improve product quality and cost.
- Supervises engineers and technicians in responsibility to accomplish job in most effective way.
- Coordinates with other sections including oversea organization concerning technical issues related to operation support.
- Develops subordinate's performance with proper training and supervision.
- Provides work guidance to other engineers.
- Establishes appropriate performance report and performs related work as assigned.
- Releases, adds and changes process instruction.
- Performs manufacturing quality monitoring, improvement, problem solving
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Gives advice for team performance improvement per section goal setting with proper training and supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineer, mechatronics, Industrial Technology, or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical design, Tooling Development Engineering, or other related position
- Solid work program
- Geometric dimensioning and Tolerance
- Concept of ISO 9000,9001,14001 and OHSAS 18001
- HSA/HDD Process & Technology
- HSA/HDD Quality Management
- Capacity Planning & Assessment
- Automation Technology
- Process flow/DOE
- Problem solving Techniques
- Process Excellence
- Preventive Maintenance
- ESD & Contamination
- Able to use Solid work to design tooling and fixture for product qualification/ prototype/automation system
- Able to track data, analyze and solve the problems machine, fixtures and Equipment to perform corrective actions to meet customers’ requirements accordingly.
- Thoroughly understand GDT concept, and application, and be able to train others to appropriate use for tooling fixture design.
- Good command in spoken and written.
- Good knowledge in Technical/analytical/Mechanical analysis.
- Computer literate
- Problem-solving skill
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.