- BangPa-in, PHRA NAKHON SI AYUTTHAYA, Thailand
- Business Function: Data Governance
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 1--LOC_WDT_TH1411
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
The Data Governance Lead is needed to expand the impact of data governance across the enterprise, establishing adherence to an enterprise data governance framework that embraces a data-centric approach to data management, where data governance is executed as a normal course of business, rather than as an after-thought or bolt-on function to projects. To be successful with this agenda, the Data Governance Lead plays a key role for ensuring alignment between data quality, data stewardship, metadata management, reference data management, master data management, regulatory compliance, and IT security functions.
A key aspect of the Data Governance lead role, is driving the establishment of a data-as-an-asset culture across Western Digital Corporation. With this role, lateral communication of data governance practices across the organization is ensured. This requires a cross-functional skill set that depends on coordinating between departments, collaborating with Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) teammates and partners, acting as liaison, communicating (through reports, meetings, newsletters and websites, etc.) accomplishment of the organizations goals directly resulting from the implementation of data governance best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute against an enterprise data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of the organizations data assets through modifications to organization behavior, policies and standards, principles, processes, governance metrics, related tools and data architecture
- Ensure a data-centric approach is taken in projects and issues resolution ensuring that data governance best practices are incorporated into each and every effort
- Ensure an holistic approach to Enterprise Data Governance is employed in projects that addresses the people and process components of Data Quality, Data Stewardship, Data Privacy & Protection, Data Policy & Standards, and Metadata Management
- Collaborate with EDG peers and partners to establish a system of decision rights, accountabilities and control mechanisms that define who can use which information, when, and how
- Drive the development and management of an inventory of the enterprise-critical information maps, including authoritative systems, process owners, data protection standards, data quality standards, and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Serve as a liaison between business, functional areas and technology, to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and understood, and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
Besides having a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or an Information Technology related discipline, the candidate must be a self-starter with a proven track record of success in an Enterprise Data Environment.
- Senior Level experience: 5+ years direct accountability for leading a comprehensive data governance program within a large corporation, preferably high tech or technology manufacturing required
- Senior Level experience: 5+ years hands-on experience executing in an Enterprise Data Management discipline (Data Warehousing, Master Data Management, Data Quality Management, Metadata Management, Data Architecture, Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence, etc) required
- Demonstrated expertise, success, and ability to execute aggressively in this role to achieve the goals for Enterprise Data Governance
- Must be able to explain concepts of and relationship between data governance, data stewardship, metadata management, policy and standards establishment, data profiling, data quality management, and data management best practices
- Exceptional communication skills required: Ability to communicate information across a large corporate structure effectively and efficiently
- Policy management and standards enforcement expertise required
- High-level understanding of Information Security practices and how they align with Data Governance
- Must be able to travel as much as 25% of the time, including ability to travel internationally via various forms of transportation as required
PREFERRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Highest personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics
- Ability to articulate vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission
- Willingness to embrace change and provide direction
- Results oriented, willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion
- Ability to define strategy and execution plans, and effectively execute against them
- Demonstrated ability to manage adversity and challenging situations
- Ability to manage senior relationships across all the Business and Functional areas
- Ability to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships
- Ability to handle complaints, settle disputes and resolve conflicts and negotiate with others
- Collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships, strong culture awareness
- People focused – excellent interpersonal skills including communication & facilitation and is comfortable coaching people at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional oral/written communication skills
- Acts with some direction to accomplish departmental goals and objectives
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments
- Manages changing priorities
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
- Requires good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.