Buyer 3, Procurement
- BangPa-in, PHRA NAKHON SI AYUTTHAYA, Thailand
- Business Function: Procurement
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 2--LOC_WDT_TH1412
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the sourcing and negotiation process on the activities related to the purchasing of materials, equipment, services, and contracts for internal company use
- Communicates, and enforces company policies and procedures for indirect procurement
- Work with internal users to select and evaluate the external supplier to ensure the efficient goods/services provided to the company
- Review and work with supplier risk assessment and take the action to mitigate the risk
- Coordinates with user, Legal and related parties on the service contracts as needed in terms of execution date
- Perform and action to achieve the organization goals and Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- Follow and guide suppliers, to comply with the company rules and regulations which is inclusive but not limit to RBA requirement, Ethics and Compliance requirement, Trade Compliance, IMS Compliance
- Perform the work as been assigned
- Bachelor's degree or higher in any related fields.
- At least 5 years in the indirect procurement field in a similar and medium-scale manufacturing environment
- Experience with using the multi-national ERP system
- Any procurement or supply chain certification is preferred
- MS-Office and Windows
- Concept of ISO 9000, 9001, 14001, and OHSAS 18001
- Negotiation course is a plus
- Supply Chain Management is a plus
- Concept of MRP is a plus
- ERP Oracle Cloud
- Familiar with life in Japan and up-to-date of Japan in general; for the benefit of sourcing
- Good command of spoken and written English and Japanese
- Coordination skills
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Organization Management s
- Strategic Planning
- Problem-solving and Decision making
- Analysis Technique
- Negotiation Technique
- Market Knowledge
- Able to read drawing
- Able to run bidding process
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.