Principal engineer, Test Engineering
- Shanghai, China
- Business Function: Test Engineering
- Work Location: Shanghai SNDK Minhang Office--LOC_SNDK_Shanghai SNDK Minhang
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
· Manages production support engineering for a specific product or group of products after transfer from design to high volume production;
· Responsible for wafer level / package level test program enhancement & change buy-off.
· Responsible for Failure Analysis & test program debug to provide solution for product yield improvement to meet yield and quality target, and special material disposition.
· Interfaces with design, technology, process, quality and reliability engineering to solve problems;
· Early Involve with Product Design Team ahead of production, and bring back the production best practice into design & development phase.
· Sustains products to be competitive with cost reduction, throughput enhancement, quality improvement and yield improvements, through process/test program fine tune, failure analysis, data analysis, and with leveraging experiment or volume data of production.
· Bachelor/Master degree in Electronic Engineering, Communication, Physics, Material Science, etc.
· Good knowledge on CMOS and Electronic circuits.
· Understand C/C++/Java/PHP language is a plus
· Ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
· Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Excellent English communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.