Technician 2, Mechanical
- Amphoe Si Maha Phot, PRACHIN BURI, Thailand
- Business Function: Mechanical
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs technical support activities related to Mechanic issues with engineering approaches to effectively respond to each work request in terms of productivity and quality
- Work with Engineers to maintain/improve product stability and to increase the product process throughput.
- Do urgent support for continuous production and ensure equipment in a good performance to meet the goals on yield and quality.
- Provide data or necessary reports as assigned by Engineers to drive problems to resolution
- Operation under the sensitive equipment-related work as required.
- Follows up engineering issues as assigned by Department.
- Give the training to colleagues about Metrology and to improve their working skill.
- Diploma or higher degree in Electronics/Mechanical or related areas
- 0-2 years of working experience preferably in the HDD or consumer electronics industries.
- Knowledge of MS Office for data presentation.
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of team working and how to integrate with others to achieve objectives
- Proficiency in a range of analytical processes or procedures to carry out assigned tasks
- High quality of work and a good understanding of the impact of accurate data collection on failure analysis.
- Take personal responsibility for actions and provide support to a highly motivated team working in a fast pace.
- Uses communication skills to regularly exchange information
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Technical problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Being observant.
- Quality talk.
- Safety & Environment Moment.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.