Senior Engineer, Manufacturing Equipment Engineering
- Amphoe Si Maha Phot, Prachin Buri, Thailand
- Business Function: Manufacturing Equipment Engineering
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs technical support activities related to operation with engineering approaches to achieve the organization's goal and to effectively respond teach work request in term of productivity, quality and cost.
- Develops Mfg. tool and equipment to improve product quality and cost.
- Supervises technicians in responsibility to accomplish job in most effective way.
- Coordinates with other sections including oversea organization concerning technical issues related to operation support.
- Develops subordinate's performance with proper training and supervision.
- Provides work guidance to other engineers.
- Establishes appropriate performance report and performs related work as assigned.
- Releases, adds and changes process instruction.
- Performs manufacturing quality monitoring, improvement, problem solving.
- Performs related work as assigned
- Co-ordinates with other sections including oversea organization concerning technical issues related to the product.
- Bachelor's degree and above in Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electrical, Software, Robotics, Electronics, Telecommunication, Computer Engineer and any related field.
- 3-5 years of experience as Maintenance Engineer, or any related engineer position in Electronics/Manufacturing industry.
- Previous experience at least 1-3 years as a tool/machine design/software design, PLC program, C++
- Advanced skills in Solid works and ANSYS program capability, Tolerance Analysis GD&T
- Automation tool project
- Programming such as Python, Java, C language, CAD design
- Good English communication and presentation skills
- Good attitude and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated understanding of process and tool design concepts and principles, relating machine/tool release timing to meet production requirements
- Coordinating with related people to keep clearly communication to implement tool/machines to production as business requirement.
- Creating ideas for problem-solving to eliminate obstruction in production related to quality, cost, scrap, productivity.
- Strong active listening skills with the ability to ask thoughtful and probing questions to determine client needs
- Ability to make clear, logical decisions based on facts, taking into consideration the big picture, long and short term effects, and exercising sound judgment when handling complaints, confidential and sensitive issues
- Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent positive results through influencing, coordinating and managing the efforts of others
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.