System Engineer in product management team-3432
- Kfar Saba, Israel
- Business Function: Product Management
- Work Location: Kfar Saba Office--LOC_SNDK_Kfar Saba Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
Client+ Technical Marketing team is looking for a System Engineer in product management team to join our team, in this role you will be working closely with Customers, Engineering and Product Management to develop top class SSD product. You will conduct deep analysis of SSD and host behavior under different workloads to optimize next generations products and impact the ecosystem. As part of the Technical product Management team, you will be responsible of the creation and presentation of technical promotional materials which showcase the benefits and technology of WD SSDs.
• Conduct user experience and applications workloads research from storage point of view
• Deep dive end-to-end analysis of WD and competitor SSD products
• Provide marketing and technical collaterals to product marketing, product development, marketing communication
• Determine and document next-generation product requirements based on market research, competitive analysis, and direct interaction with customers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or comparable scientific field required;
• 5+ years in Engineering and/or Technical Marketing, preferably in the computing, storage, or semiconductor industry
• Experience with conducting research, reverse engineering, or system design
• Expertise in computing or storage systems hardware and software
• Expertise in SSD Technologies, and NAND Flash memories - Preferred qualifications and not mandatory
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment with cross-functional global teams in multiple time zones
• Ability to work well autonomously and within diverse, multi-cultural teams
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, including excellent presentation and public speaking capabilities
• Fluent in English with excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.