Senior Manager, Product Design Engineering
- 13600 Seberang Perai, Penang, Malaysia
- Business Function: Product Design Engineering
- Work Location: Bayan Lepas PN1--LOC_WDT_MY0703
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
- Leading a team of NAND flash Product Engineers for Memory reliability, Memory Health and test
- The individual will interface with design, process, test, and reliability & global Product engineering team to solve problems and will sustain products with cost reduction and yield improvements
- Responsible for keeping track of critical project milestones, provide recommendation & status to PLCT/PDT leads and Management.
- Ensures team capability to deliver Failure Analysis of DPPM improvement to meet QUALITY targets;
- Manage the team goals, schedules, budget
- Manage an Agile team with TTM as a goal with high quality deliveries
- Provide clear, regular communication of engineering product development priorities, challenges, and status across the broader organization and network, including leadership and business organizations.
- Directly manage and cultivate a product development engineering team, routinely provide guidance on career development in your team and regularly conducting performance management and engagement activities.
- PhD/MSc/ BS in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or related fields
- Minimum 8+ Years of experience in Product Development/Product Engineering & Semiconductor IC
- Minimum 2+ years of Management Experience
- Familiar with using statistical analysis tools & Python programming is a plus.
- Knowledge on CMOS and Electronic circuits or Experience with NAND flash/SSD/memory is a plus.
- Ability to innovate, design and implement new Test features/processes
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze complex problems, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent English communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Good team work, willing to learn, logical thinking & ability to multi task
- Good communication & organizational skills.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.