Staff Engineer, Hardware Development Engineering
- Bengaluru, India
- Business Function: Hardware Development Engineering
- Work Location: Bangalore Hallmark Office (IBS)--LOC_WDT_IBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
The qualified individual will make significant contributions to the development of world-class solid state flash drives (SSD).
Duties and responsibilities include:
· As Member of the HW validation team should have knowledge of and perform duties associated with formal Electrical Validation Testing (EVT)
· Working understanding of oscilloscopes and best-practice probing concerns/techniques, power supplies, electronic loads,
· Power Delivery Network (PDN) testing and analysis, VRM circuit understanding and functional characterization
· Power-loss/Drive Power backup circuit understanding and testing.
· Knowledge of System communication bus (I2C, SPI, SMBus) protocols and to perform testing/characterization as part of EVT plans
· Perform system level testing across VT corners. Host power cycling/loss testing and stressed overnight functional testing etc.
· HW Validation Plans creation and reports generation
· Develop validation test cases with automation in mind
· Supporting Failure Analysis
Skills/Experience (5years -10years)
· Experience performing the following validation functions:
· Board bring-up and debug. Electrical Subsystem tests (Power-On, POR, PF, Power measurements, etc.)
· Measurements of Input /output voltage levels
· Operation Power measurements
· Clock measurements
· Memory and Flash Interface validation
· Thermal analysis
· I/O level characterization (4 Corner testing/TVS)
· Knowledge of high-speed scopes, logic analyzers, current probes, power analyzer, PCie/SATA/SAS protocol exerciser/analyzer is a must
· Working experience with DDR1/2/3/SATA/SAS/PCIe interfaces & test equipment is preferred
· Capable of working effectively in a cross functional team environment with FAE, Hardware, Software, and ASIC engineering teams on validation testing
· Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Must be detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
· Mentor and train junior engineers and engineers in other disciplines.
· Exceptional problem solving skills to recommend validation strategies and find solutions.
Power supply ,Oscilloscope,
Bachelor of Engineer (CS/Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.