Senior Engineer, Failure Analysis (NAND)
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Test Engineering
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
- Responsible for Failure Analysis of products/components to meet yield goals and quality targets.
- Understanding on both product development and high volume SSD manufacturing is desired.
- Perform 3rd level NAND FA for OQA/ORT/Manufacturing failure drives for NPI and sustaining products.
- Provide effective recommendation/corrective/preventive actions to contain & prevent recurrence of issues.
- Replicate SSD drive failure on NAND level as part of shift left MT screen.
- Completion of 3rd level FA with PA/CA in place within 14 days.
- Closed-loop communication with design team to ensure design issues are handled appropriately to avoid recurrence in new products.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering (ideally Electrical/Electronic).
- Relevant experience in either SSD or HDD industry will be an advantage.
- Understanding of SSD architecture design.
- NAND FA know-how for various NAND technology (BICS3, BICS4, BICS4.5, BICS5) is a must.
- Knowledge to use NAND level testers and EFA bench tools.
- Knowledge in using logic analyzer for trace capture.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Basic understanding in programming languages such as C, C++, Python, Perl etc will be an added advantage.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.