Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition
- San Jose, CA, USA
- Business Function: Talent Acquisition
- Work Location: San Jose Great Oaks Headquarters--LOC_WDT_USCA23
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
Come join our team as Vice President of Global Talent Acquisition! Reporting to our Chief People Officer, you will be a key member of the global HR Leadership Team and trusted partner to the Executive Team and business leaders. In this role, you will lead the enterprise-wide talent acquisition organization and collaborate with the business on meeting the talent demands of our dynamic and diverse global workforce. This includes creating an innovative, cohesive recruitment strategy, modernizing people insights that drive business decisions, and building a world class organization, systems and processes focused on delivering a phenomenal candidate experience.
What you'll do:
- Build collaborative partnerships with the Executive Team, business leaders and key stakeholders to develop an innovative, cohesive recruitment strategy that aligns with the organization's strategy, growth priorities and workforce plans.
- Inspire, develop and elevate global Talent Acquisition team members by cultivating a team culture of ongoing learning, collaboration and a drive for excellence.
- Develop and operationalize a talent planning model in partnership with the business to enable the creation of both short-term and long-term recruiting plans.
- Optimize global talent acquisition processes, tools and technology to drive maximum efficiency and effectiveness that result in an amazing experience for candidates and the business.
- Develop and operationalize a recruiting capacity planning model to balance hiring resources and ensure the right resource allocation is supporting business needs.
- Establish a strategic point of view on building and providing people insights through data to support the business and leaders in driving business decisions.
- With a lens on diversity, equity and inclusion, build out talent acquisition programs that are creative, transformative and supports the long-term goals and vision of the company.
- Collaborate across HR and the business to co-create a diversity hiring strategy and execution plan that advances our diversity talent agenda across the organization.
- Partner with Strategic Communications on building a compelling employer brand strategy that is aligned to our company's vision, values and culture and is attractive to a diverse pool of talented applicants.
- Leverage digital technologies and social media to engage and connect with a diverse pool of talented applicants in a modern and progressive way.
What you should have:
- 10+ years of experience leading and empowering a global talent acquisition organization with an emphasis on building high performing teams and an inclusive culture.
- Strong business acumen and proven experience in a senior leadership role partnering and influencing key stakeholders across the business in driving and aligning talent acquisition strategy with company strategy.
- Strong, sound point of view on how diversity, equity and inclusion can contribute to a company's success and experience embedding that point of view in talent acquisition programs.
- An understanding of the highly competitive and evolving talent markets and an unyielding passion to provide the ultimate candidate experience.
- Highly analytical and metrics driven; the ability to derive insights from data and strategically build a narrative that influences and advances business decisions.
- Proven success in delivering consistent results under time pressures while navigating complexity and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship building skills, and a successful track record of establishing credibility and trust with a diverse client group.
- Adept at presenting and communicating in a simple and compelling manner to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent collaboration skills; a team player.
- Technology industry experience required; experience in manufacturing is a plus.
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.