CRE IMS Program Sr Manager
- Amphoe Si Maha Phot, CA, Thailand
- Employees can work remotely
- Business Function: Environmental Health & Safety
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
About WDC’s Global Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) Management System
Western Digital’s Global EHS Management System provides global functional leadership on EHS matters for the complete Western Digital Corporation portfolio. This governance is the foundation of WDC’s commitment to EHS excellence and sustainability, and certification to critical international standards through an Integrated Management System (IMS) approach. The IMS aligns the company’s approach to management system implementation within the company, and includes the Global EHSMS, as well as the Quality, Business Continuity management systems and key elements of our program to achieve certification to the international automotive standard (IATF 16949).
We are looking for a strong leader to continue the integration of EHS across our global portfolio -- including more than dozen factories across the globe, global research and development teams, and numerous supporting operations. You will provide functional leadership to a matrixed team of professionals and will be responsible for driving cross-functional impact with internal partners including Global Operations, Corporate Sustainability, Quality/Integrated Management Systems (IMS) and within Corporate Real Estate (CRE).
This position is strategically important to ensure alignment of our EHS programs regardless of reporting structure, enable a scalable approach responsive to changing customer requirements and business needs, and drive continual performance improvement. Candidates will be data driven, self-motivated, and flexible to frequent changes. They will be strong communicators and collaborators and be able to work successfully across global teams.
This full-time role reports to the Senior Director of Corporate Real Estate’s Center of Expertise. Periodic travel required as conditions permit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Engage with Global Operations/EHS leaders worldwide to partner on delivering environmental, worker health and safety, and security programs that achieve a number of key customer and business requirements
• Provide leadership to EHS teams to empower a unified approach
• Develop, coordinate, guide and maintain global EHS strategic plans in support of company vision, mission, values, and key objectives & targets (e.g., Corporate Real Estate, EHS and Integrated Management Systems).
• Provide functional leadership to enable the company to comply with applicable environmental, industrial, health and safety regulations and other requirements to meet Western Digital standards, external accrediting standards, and legal requirements.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, strong verbal presentation skills and executive presence to communicate planning strategy and concepts to leadership, stakeholders and staff
• Team player who has successfully worked in a global, matrixed organization and demonstrates the strength of team, is adaptable and is capable of driving change
• Strong knowledge of key international standards (e.g., ISO14001, ISO45001, ISO22301, IATF16949, etc.), particularly as they apply to high-tech manufacturing
• Ability to effectively interpret and apply policy and procedures
• Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to process work quickly, accurately and with changing priorities
• Proficiency with office systems and tools (e.g., Microsoft Office, Mac tools, Tableau, Smartsheet)
• Exceptional project management and organization skills with an ability to guide others to deliver
• Experience in developing business processes and business process mapping
• Advanced relationship building skills
This would include not only management system strategic objectives but also global EHS playbook support CRE playbook which we then incorporate as part of IMS objectives and targets
• Bachelor's degree/10+ years related work experience; or Master’s degree/8+ years related work experience
• Prior experience in global high-tech manufacturing environments
• Demonstrated EHS program management experience with an emphasis in health and safety, or a combination of education and direct experience.
• Project management and relevant EHS certifications a plus
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.