Senior Buyer, Procurement
- BangPa-in, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Thailand
- Business Function: Procurement
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 3--LOC_WDT_TH1413
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and purchase materials in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Provide long term forecast to supplier to ensure continuity of supply
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery issues
- Support the purchasing function to other relevant departments to ensure smooth business operations
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organization
- Maintain proper inventory levels of materials used on a regular basis
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Coach and train junior staff in all procurement matters
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
- To comply with Legal requirement (EMS, OHSMS), Regulatory Requirements (RBA, QMS, IMS), purchasing policies and procedure
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any field
- 3 to 5 years of procurement role in electronic or manufacturing environment
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Computer Literacy Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of procurement activities, Supply Chain, MRP System
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.