Senior NPI Procurement
- Amphoe Si Maha Phot, PRACHIN BURI, Thailand
- Business Function: Commodity
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
As an Senior NPI Procurement you will manage Electrical and Mechanical component qualifications for Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Sustaining Programs and lead material related activities with all stakeholders while applying consistent guidelines for compliance, and managing risk and business ethics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Electrical and Mechanical component qualifications for Capacity Enterprise HDD Sustaining Programs:
- Raise and justify the qualification request
- Understand purpose of each qualification and be able to provide a path to get qualification completed as needed
- Prioritize qualification work considering available resources and urgency of each qualification. Communicate priorities of qualification to all stakeholders
- Participate in all material-related qualification meetings representing Global Procurement organization
- Keep track and report material qualification status to commodity team and cost management manager
- Raise issues to concerned parties to drive the qualification through and participate in qualification problem solving meetings
- Be able to identify the saving of cost qualification. Drive the qualification through as soon as possible to realize the saving
- Bridge the communication gap among WDUS-WD Japan and WDTH
- Be a focal person of material qualification activities
- Support qualification documents e.g. QP (qualification plan) , Deviation (risk buy) by getting information from Engineering team and commodity.
- Conduct / Lead qualification meeting, targeted to introduce qual with respective department
- Provide assistant to team on any obstacle occur relate with qualification, bridge gap and improve qualification flow activity
- Attend material qualification meeting with respective department, Mechanical / Commodity / AQM / functional engineering
- Bachelor degree or Master degree in related field
- Experience in SQE, Process Engineer, Material Planning, Purchasing, or Sourcing in manufacturing industry (HDD or Electronics Industries are preferable)
- Proven 3+ years of related management experience with deep understanding of best in class procurement business practices
- Recent background (3-5 years) in data storage and related advanced electronics and mechanical components and products, preferred
- Highly collaborative by nature; transparent and open-minded
- Proven data driven problem-solver with a tendency to be practical and innovative
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues
- Excellent communicator with a strong sense of professionalism with the ability to effectively present at all levels of the organization
- An influencer, able to drive consensus across stakeholders
- Accountable and self-motivated individual with ability to work under pressure with changing priorities and limited information
- A strong sense of integrity and dedication to ethical business practices
- Strong Program / Project / Supply Management skills
- Negotiations skills with internal stakeholders
- Experience in Material Qualification is preferable
- Fluent in both verbal and written English communication
- Strong MS Office and Excel skill
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems required.
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.