Manager, Internal Audit
- Bengaluru, India
- Business Function: Internal Audit
- Work Location: Bangalore PTP Office (IBP)--LOC_WDT_IBP
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
This position is reporting to the Director or Sr Manager/Manager, IT Internal Audit and part of a strong, dynamic global internal audit function. This Senior position will be a member of the Internal Audit IT team focusing on global projects based in our <Milpitas/Irvine, California, OR Bangalore, India OR Penang, Malaysia> offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director or Sr Manager/Manager, IT Internal Audit, the Senior will assist leading and executing projects for the IT Audit & Data Analytics pillars, assisting in Internal Audit function improvement projects, and collaborating with the other internal audit pillars – Finance & Operations audit, Channel audit, and Audit Operations.
Execution of projects in the IT audit pillar including:
- Assisting in performance of annual risk assessment of the business, development of an overall audit plan, and quarterly refreshes of the risk assessment and the audit plan
- Executing projets on the internal audit plan including IT, operational, compliance, site, and cross functional audits across the global business
- Assisting in executing project risk assessments, planning, and scoping decisions on individual audit and consulting projects
- Executing controls documentation, testing, and fieldwork for audit and consulting projects
- Assisting in drafting audit and consulting findings and reports
- Assisting in coordinating, planning, reviewing, and executing on Management’s assessment of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting
- Developing, cultivating, and growing relationships with key stakeholders across various business functional and operational areas
- Developing relationships with the external auditor
- Take ownership of career and skill development, coaching and mentoring opportunities and attending training
- Assisting in the maturation of the data analytics function, including working to audit robotic process automations, application controls, and other IT dependent controls in close coordination with the finance & operations audit and Data Analytics pillar leaders
Required and preferred knowledge and job skills:
- Work experience: 2+ years of relevant work experience required. Strong preference for some US Public Company Internal Audit experience and/or a large US Public Company.
- Certification: CISA, CIA, or CPA (or equivalent) professional certification strongly preferred with expectation of a base certification shortly upon hire if not already obtained. Preference for additional certifications including CIA, CPA (or equivalent), CISA, CFE, CISSP, or PMP.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with focus on Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science, or Finance required. Preference for a Master’s degree.
- Internal Audit Project Execution Skills: Risk assessment, testing, sampling, review, root cause identification, audit reporting, and consulting skills required. Preference for additional skills in other internal audit pillars.
- Internal Audit Operations Execution Skills: Outstanding project, time, and resource management skills required.
- Internal Audit Technical Skills: Ability to understand and analyze complex business process, internal control theory, COSO 2013, governance, and expert knowledge in IT internal audit pillar required. Preference for prior industry knowledge and knowledge of finance & operations, fraud detection, and investigations skills.
- Internal Audit Soft Skills: Ability to apply oversight and judgment across a broad range of IT, finance, operations, compliance, and cross functional areas, constructively managing difficult conversations, excellent presentation skills, influence and manage expectations of stakeholders, coaching and developing team members, relationship building, and business partnering skills required.
- Travel: Ability and willingness to travel globally up to 25%.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.