Senior Engineer, NPI Engineering
- Amphoe Si Maha Phot, PRACHIN BURI, Thailand
- Business Function: Engineering
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate all factory efforts to prepare and supporting development builds and customer samples thru VPR.
- Support factory cross-functional teams to resolution of program issues in order to ensure program objectives and deliverables are achieved.
- Facilitate Manufacturing Readiness Review from MRR3
- Perform New Product Launch activities, Product and Program management throughout product life cycle, and Engineering Change Control.
- Coordinate Engineering Change implementation to MFG site by coordination with Development and MFG related person to establish Engineering Change effectiveness in MFG site to meet business requirement.
- Inventory management control.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Supervise technicians in responsibility to accomplish job in most effective way.
- Support and work with other functional teams to clear any roadblocks that might affect the release timeline.
- Support the implementation of engineering changes (EC’s) once the qualification is complete with conditions/restriction control as necessary.
- Execute EC qualification drives disposition.
- Support sustaining qualification based on business requirements.
- Track Lessons learned on wrong operational for process improvement
- Bachelor's degree or higher in IE, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- At least 4-6 years in Engineering field.
- Experience in HDD Manufacturing or the electronics industry is preferred.
- Quality and Supply Chain Management.
- Good written and oral communication, interpersonal and relational skills.
- Computer and Microsoft basics.
- Problem solving and decision making skill.
- Planning and Organizing skill.
- Risk and Opportunity Management.
- Pro-active and good attitude.
- Dealing with urgency.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.