Administrator 2, Systems Administration
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Systems Administration
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
- Install and upgrade Windows OS on virtual and physical systems
- Apply monthly and emergency Windows patches to the systems
- Install and upgrade Cyber Tools on all Windows servers
- Implement user requests through ServiceNow
- Monitor system alerts and either resolve the issue or escalate to the appropriate support group
- Troubleshoot and resolve user reported issues through ServiceNow
- Manage user access
- Monitor system performance
- Identify systems no longer needed and decommission
- Participate in PagerDuty on-call support
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- 3+ years of hands on experience in installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting Windows systems in VMware environment
- Excellent customer support skill
- Experience with SCCM preferred, but not required
- PowerShell skill preferred, but not required
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.