Senior Data Engineering
- Amphoe Si Maha Phot, PRACHIN BURI, Thailand
- Business Function: Product Design Engineering
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
You will join our team and work on the Analytics Projects which involve three main tasks: data visualization, data modelling and data system design within the areas of sRSS (Sustaining Recording Sub-System) Functional Engineering applications. You will help to discover the insights hidden in vast amounts of data to guide the team with make smarter decisions through data mining techniques, statistical analysis and predictive modelling. You should be an enthusiastic and passionate to explore new solutions in analytics in order to become a smarter factory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exploit the data analytics in the areas of Hard Disk Drive Functional Engineering. This includes;
- Transforming and organizing the data in a format that can be easily visualized and analyzed.
- Investigating for the root-cause of failures through data mining techniques and statistical analysis. You will make ‘finding a needle in a haystack’ possible.
- Developing of monitoring and triggering system for critical engineering parameters. The task also includes system efficiency improvemnt, ad-hoc analysis of triggering and follow-ups with the relevant teams until the case is closed.
- Exploring of the use of machine learning and/or artificial intelligence to our Functinal Engineering areas for a better work quality, faster time-to-deliver the solutions, and optimized cost at best quality possible. You will need to think beyond the box to discover any possibilities being hidden and make sure the ideas being successfully implemented.
- Designing the Predictive modelling and notify teams for any foreseen abnormalities to protect quality of our products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Telecommunication, Computer, Physics, Statistics, and Mathematics
- Master degree candidates are also welcome.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in data sciences, advanced statistical analysis, six sigma or related fields.
- Skilled in SQL scripts, coding (preferably Pythons), and data analytics/visualization tools such as Spotfire, Tableau, JMP, SAS. Proficiency in one of them is required, the rest will be a benefit.
- Previous experience in hard disk drives or relating manufacturing industry, but not required.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good in English proficiency (written and oral communication)
- Familiarity in Project Management.
- Strong listening, communication, interpersonal and relational skills to convey and deliver the key message in a clear, articulate, and confident manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.