Senior Engineer, NPI Engineering
- Amphoe Si Maha Phot, Prachin Buri, Thailand
- Business Function: Engineering
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate with factory team to prepare, support development builds and “Customer Qualification Sample” build until VPR
- Support factory cross-functional teams to resolve program issues. This will ensure program objectives and deliverables are achieved.
- Facilitate Manufacturing Readiness Review from MRR3.(manufacturing readiness review)
- Perform New Product Launch activities, Product and Program management throughout product life cycle, and Engineering Change Control.
- Coordinate Engineering Change implementation to MFG site by coordination with Development and MFG related person to establish Engineering Change effectiveness in MFG site to meet business requirement.
- Inventory management control.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Supervise technicians in responsibility to accomplish job in most effective way.
- Support and work with other functional teams to clear any roadblocks that might affect the release timeline.
- Support the implementation of engineering changes (EC’s) once the qualification is complete with conditions/restriction control as necessary.
- Execute EC qualification drives disposition.
- Support sustaining qualification based on business requirements.
- Track Lessons learned on wrong operational for process improvement
- Bachelor's degree or higher in IE, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 2-6 years in engineering field.
- Dealing with urgency
- Computer and Microsoft basics
- Fluent in English communication
- Problem-solving skill
- Planning and Organizing skill
- Risk and Opportunity Management
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.