Staff Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineering
- BangPa-in, PHRA NAKHON SI AYUTTHAYA, Thailand
- Business Function: Quality Assurance Engineering
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 2--LOC_WDT_TH1412
- Location (Secondary): BangPa-In Building 2--LOC_WDT_TH1412
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with NPI, Program Management & Engineering teams during product development and qualification stages.
- Involve in New Product Introduction to manufacturing to get readiness for quality control system and process in place, early involve in product quality issues to solve it before manufacturing.
- Monitor and Improve Lot Acceptance Rate, Critical to Function parameters as identified in the Process Management Plan and WD Procedures.
- Focal person for NPI data package summary Slider/HGA OQA data & PDR readiness review.
- Communicate and liaise with cross-functional teams for Quality improvement activities
- Monitor & review NPI build performance in each phase. Work on any quality issue during NPI build
- Support the customer feedback & work with team on the root cause analysis, Corrective/Preventive actions.
- Attend Daily NPI meeting, Product Development Review, Prepare Slider & HGA QA Data packages for Reviews
- Assure that all changes must undergo Change Management System before implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Science or equivalent
- At least 4-6 years as Quality Assurance Engineering or any related QA position in the manufacturing environment
- Experience of new product introduction in areas such as high-volume manufacture.
- Experience to use software statistical applications, 8D problem-solving tools & FMEA.
- Work in the HDD business especially the Slider fabrication/Head Gimbal Assembly Process is advantage.
- Work in Semiconductor Industry Manufacturing environment responsibility for Quality Assurance.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Computer literacy in using Microsoft office tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Understanding of ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001, RoHS and be able to drive continuous improvement in Quality Systems management
- Good leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work with all levels of employees
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.