Engineer, Packaging Engineering
- Bengaluru, India
- Business Function: Packaging Engineering
- Work Location: Bangalore PTP Office (IBP)--LOC_WDT_IBP
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
The Packaging engineer will be an individual contributor and should be able to perform package design related to flash memory products
- As a packaging engineer, you will work in the Packaging R&D group on package deign, modeling and simulation across semiconductor packaging, flash memory product, and host levels.
- In this position, you will be responsible for influencing package and product design and advancing the technology of semiconductor packaging generally.
- Scope is to address all design aspects of packaging technology and associated material and process interactions.
- Focus will be on solutions to meet increased demands for small form factor packages with thinner chips, denser interconnects and higher power.
- Candidate will be responsible for the modeling and simulation of mechanical responses of the IC package and flash products using analytical and computational tools.
- This position will interface with package & product design, electrical and physical characterization, lab testing, failure analysis, assembly R&D and other process teams.
Interacting with internal engineering departments, vendors and customers to develop high performance leadership package
Knowledge of Package signal integrity and power integrity principles is required. Knowledge of EMI, HFSS, HSPICE is a plus. Hands-on experience with oscilloscopes, network analyzers and spectrum analyzers also a plus
Practical skill in AutoCAD, Cadence APD, Finite Element Analysis, Design of Experiments, statistical techniques and package failure analysis techniques required.
. Ability to daily multi-tasking in different projects, manage and meet tight deadlines of packaging deliverables as a part of multidisciplinary team as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- B.Tech or M.Tech in mechanical engineering or mechatronics or electronics
- Solid knowledge through academic coursework or experience required in mechanical engineering of IC packaging and related areas if possible
- Strong background in applied mechanics with emphasis on both analytical and computational methods.
- AutoCAD is must
- Broad knowledge of mechanical behaviors of various material types, such as ceramics and glass, polymers, and metals (e.g., solder).
- Good understanding of general semiconductor packaging processes, materials, technology and trends, such as substrate design and manufacturing, molding, wire-bonding, die attach, flip chip, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with other engineers to define and implement numerical and lab experiments for feasibility and validation of concepts and solutions to support new package technology development.
- Solid background in applied mechanics and computational techniques is required.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.