Manager 5, Program Management Engineering
- Amphoe Si Maha Phot, PRACHIN BURI, Thailand
- Business Function: Program Management Engineering
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
- Location (Secondary): Bayan Lepas PN2--LOC_WDT_MY0704
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
We are seeking for highly motivated personal with passion to innovate and help shape the future of data to join our Advance Analytics Office (AAO) team. You bring Subject Matter Expertise from your business and help create scalable solutions working with AAO Technical Teams. You will deliver solutions to your business function first but then also continually look to scale solutions for global impact.
You will work alongside other Data Science and Application development leaders who will create solution platforms that can be leveraged across factories. As a team, you will drive the innovations necessary to outpace new demands and challenges everywhere data lives, from sensors to mobile devices to the cloud.
If you think big and have a relentless drive to deliver and innovate, you will thrive as part of a passionate and dedicated team that's transforming the promise of data into a reality.
And AAO needs your help to have global business impact at WDC!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analytics Business Partner (ABP) for Advance Analytics Office (AAO) covering HDD and/or Media and Substrate factories in Asia.
- Collect analytical requirements from the business and translate and cast the business problem into analytical problem definition statements
- Align and procure agreement from business owner on the problem definition statement and to execute high speed projects
- Program managed the project execution through AAO business process, including Rapid Learning Cycle, Rapid Pilot and Rapid Scale/Production phases working with respective AAO Technical team and business Functional team
- Deliver solutions to the assigned business function and continually look to scale solutions for other business functions for global impact.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any Engineering or Science disciplines
- 10 to 15 year experience working in multiple roles in Manufacturing environment with 3 to 5 year experience working in any area of Product, Program or Project Management
- Expertise in your domain and ability to recognize factory challenges and propose solution approaches framework
- Good understanding of the process of gathering information on Business Value and Return on Investments on projects.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint, with some basic knowledge of any Project Management software/tool
- Some background or basic knowledge on analytics usage and basic methods in a factory environment such as industrial statistics and Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods
- General knowledge on data-mining techniques and use cases
- Working experience in Hard Disk Drive, Media or Substrate manufacturing will be an added advantage
- Ability to break down complex problem and projects into manageable sub-tasks and sub-parts for executing rapid projects (10-12 weeks)
- Ability to differentiate problem classes between business process issues, engineering or analytics
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong English verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in creating concise summaries of complex problems, projects and issues
- Strong Program/Project management skills
- Strong cross-functional organizational, collaboration and client management skills
- Good Power Point presentation preparation and delivery skills
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.