Corporate Sustainability Analyst
- San Jose, CA
- Business Function: Legal Operations
- Work Location: San Jose Great Oaks Headquarters--LOC_WDT_USCA23
- Location (Secondary): Milpitas Office--LOC_WDT_USCA25
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
The Corporate Sustainability Analyst will play a broad role in helping Western Digital achieve our ambitious sustainability goals. As a key member of the Corporate Sustainability team, the analyst will help to identify impactful sustainability initiatives, to set our long-term sustainability strategy and to drive employee engagement throughout the organization. This individual will work closely with various functions to collect and analyze sustainability-related data to help track and drive substantive progress worldwide. The analyst will also support global sustainability reporting efforts, oversee environmental and social focused sustainability projects, and draft materials to share actionable data and to communicate our goals and our progress.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collect and organize environmental, social, and governance data from internal stakeholders for annual sustainability reports, customer requests and other external disclosures.
• Identify strategic opportunities for significant sustainability improvements throughout the organization.
• Facilitate and participate in sustainability initiatives aligned with our sustainability strategy.
• Collect and analyze data to benchmark our sustainability progress across our most material issues.
• Implement internal communications strategy and support sustainability-focused employee affinity groups.
• Draft materials for internal and external presentations on sustainability, including capacity building for suppliers.
• Advocate for sustainable business practices within our operations and supply chain.
• Manage vendor relationships to ensure highest level of performance and results.
• Bachelor’s degree required with 0-2 years of experience.
• Ability to inspire excitement, trust and confidence through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage and derive actionable intelligence from large datasets.
• Outstanding judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to proactively build relationships and navigate organizational complexities; skilled at collaborating and influencing up and down the organization and across global sites.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
• Experience or familiarity with GRI, SASB and TCFD reporting standards is preferred.
• Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.