Data Science Engineer | ONLY for Fresh Grad graduating in 2022
- Batu Kawan, Simpang Ampat, Penang, Malaysia
- Business Function: Product Design Engineering
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
- Develop machine-learning solutions and partner with stakeholders to deploy ML models to a production environment. Collaborate on ML capability development projects to enable industry standard algorithms and frameworks across the data science lifecycle from data extraction to deployment, post deployment monitoring and support
- Partner with Product Engineering team towards optimizing yield, cycle time and improve quality by providing insights into wafer/package/drive level test data
- PhD/MSc/MEng/Degree in Statistics / Data Science/ Computer Science / Electronics Engineering/ Machine Learning with CGPA ≥ 3.30
- Experience in using data analysis techniques and ML methods like classification, regression pattern finding, clustering, dimensionality reduction, anomaly detection etc.
- Highly motivated strong team player with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Has strong analytical skills, including the abilities to scope out business problems to be solved, start from ambiguous problem statements, identify and access relevant data, make appropriate assumptions, perform insightful analysis and draw conclusions relevant to the business problem.
- Ability to present information professionally and concisely with supporting data.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.