Senior Engineer, Software Development Engineering (Apps)
- Bangalore, KA, India
- Business Function: Software Development Engineering (Apps)
- Work Location: Bangalore Vector Office (IBV)--LOC_WDT_IBV
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug software programs to provide analytics for Product development and validation.
Develops software tools including web development with Angular/React, Python Django and SQL and NoSQL databases in the backend
Understands and collects analysis requirements from different departments and incorporates with the software engineering team to plan and develop an infrastructure system to support automatic reports.
- Requires BE/BTech or MS degree in CS/CE or equivalent with 3-5 years of related experience.
- Experience in SDLC of professional web UI application development
- Experience with data-driven UI development Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Full-stack experience is preferred
- Technical Experience with Python Django framework or similar / C#, Angular/React
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of code reviews, unit and regression testing
Summary of skill sets:
- Object-oriented programming: C#, C++, Java
- Knowledge of database: RDBMS(MSSQL, MySQL), No-SQL (MongoDB or Elastic)
- Scripting language: Python
- Experience with DASH Plotly is an added advantage
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.