Staff Engineer, Process Engineering
- Seberang Perai Selatan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Process Engineering
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
Specific Role Description: Includes the following but not limited to:
- Overall manufacturing process knowledge
- New Product Introduction experience
- SMT process characterization & development
- SMT integration development
- SMT technology (equipment/process/metrology) pathfinding & roadmap
- Stencil design/development for new components
- DFM assessment and risk management
- Component-board-drive interactions
- DOE & Failure Analysis knowledge
- Quality Tools: FMEA, 8D, DMAIC, etc.
- Statistical Tools: Statistical analysis (JMP/Minitab), GreenBelt certification.
- Special engineering characterization, improvement & cost reduction projects
- Factory emergency taskforce support
Requirements: The PTD team embodies a high performance culture, marked by highly analytical, attention-to-details, hyper-productive, highly hands-on individuals. They work together to solve difficult problems. They are innovative. They possess the elusive “complete ownership” characteristic and have strong engineering pride, always willing to go above and beyond.
- BS engineering/science required plus 4 years of relevant work experience. Relevant work experience must be in engineering role within semiconductor industry. Academic studies must be in applicable field of engineering/science and demonstrate an academic record of excellence.
- Demonstrated track record to rapidly analyze and solve complex engineering issues by pursuing a focused solution path with a clear understanding of the point of diminishing returns
- Proficient in statistical analysis towards problem solving and the use of Excel and JMP
- Demonstrated track record to summarize complex data sets for technical and non-technical audiences; elegant in DOE design and execution.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed with demonstrated ability to work well with people; have strong inter-cultural intuition
- Proven success leading technical team(s) in previous work experience
- Demonstrated track record working hands-on around technical equipment and processes (including metrology and semiconductor failure analysis techniques)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.