Senior Engineer, Software Development Engineering (Apps)
- Bengaluru, India
- Business Function: Software Development Engineering (Apps)
- Work Location: Helios Office (IBH)--LOC_WDT_IBH
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
2-5 years of Programming skills in Core Python / C.
- Strong Programming skills in Core Python / C.
o Experience in Writing scripts for testing APIs / features
o Create automated test scripts to verify data structures, data values, data formats, and basic performance (file comparisons).
- Strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and tracing root cause.
- Knowledge in Testing methodologies (Regression, Integration, Sanity, performance testing)
o Defining the validation strategy, testing methodologies , automating the verifications
o Automate test plans, test cases, and manual test scripts for applications built upon the platform.
- Prepare schedule for all test activities and document all bug issues for database and implement all test scripts for various projects.
- Monitor automation processes and prepare defect status reports.
- Coordinate with developers in understand the requirements / effective test designing / feature coverage.
- Hands on experience with handling HWs / development boards / HW debugging methodologies
- Understanding the new features / protocols / Spec related to storage domain
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Engineering Graduate or Masters in Computer Science or Electronics. MANDATORY SKILLS
• Strong knowledge in scripting using Python and Automation Experience using Python MANDATORY SKILLS
• Programming skills in Python MANDATORY SKILLS , C/C++ (Good to have)
• Writing Test Plans, Requirement Analysis
• Hands on debugging issues on HW (HW debugging methodologies)
• Quick learner
• Knowledge of tools like JIRA, Jenkins.
• Knowledge on NVMe protocols, Testing methodologies.
• Knowledge of Apache, DHCP, DNS, Puppet like Technologies and exposure to Networking
• Exposure to Windows 2012 Configuration
• OS knowledge of Linux
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.